Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Spring Break 2013- Part I

*Catch up on previous posts about Fort Wilderness*

This is the second post in the series that recaps Mr. Paws and my trip to Disney’s Fort Wilderness. The full re-cap of our trip will take place over multiple posts. I have chosen to break it up this way up not only for length purposes but also for the purpose of eventually making this blog into a book one day. Here is a list of the posts and links to each. Enjoy!

We were supposed to leave Tuesday morning, check in at Disney starts at 1PM, but Monday night I was scheduled to work from 9PM until 2AM. Originally I was fine with this, thinking that it would be a normal slow Monday night.  If we were just slow enough I knew I would be able to take time off the clock to pack, one of the many benefits of working from home.

But, I guess being sick the week before our trip really did take a toll on my brain, and I had somehow looked over the fact that Monday was scheduled as a 24 hour jewelry clearance day. We were slammed. The calls were back to back the entire night, and I finished my shift at 2AM exhausted, having spent the last 5 hours straight being overly enthusiastic and personable.
Mr. Paws had snuck in quietly around 1AM after closing at his own job and was out in the living room with the Pups when I came stumbling out of my office a little after 2AM.
I collapsed on the couch next to him and said “I would hug you if I could move.”
He half laughed and said “I would kiss you if I could move.”
“We’re pitiful,” I couldn’t even laugh as I said this as badly as I wanted to.
We spent the next few hours intermittently between the couch and doing laundry and putting a few things in a pile to pack in the car the next day. We went to bed around 4AM with essentially nothing ready.
I must have passed out as soon as my head hit the pillow, because the next thing I remember was waking up at 12noon. I was not a happy girl when I shot out of bed remembering how little had been done to prepare the night before. I was terrified we wouldn’t be leaving until after the sun had set.
MP was in the living room watching the news when I came stumbling out of the bedroom, and I was so shocked and thankful to see that he had everything ready.
“All that’s left is just to put it in the car.” He said when he noticed me looking at the pile of suitcases and boxes next to the door.
I sat down on the couch next to him and gave him a huge hug. “This is just one reason I love you and need you.” I told him. And it’s so true. I know I can always depend on him to take care of us and make sure that things will always end up going the way I had seen them in my head. This is defintely one strong part of our relationship; our ability to read each other's mind and almost see what the other does. We sometimes get it wrong but most of the time we are spot on and it really does bring a special something to our relationship that I know I have never experienced with anyone else in the world. 
By 2PM we had the Pups in the car and were locking up the house to leave. We waved goodbye to my neighbor and pulled out of the driveway. A quick stop for gas, and we were on the highway.
We made it to Orlando in record time and pulled off the highway at the Disney exit. We made our way into the depths of the park, following the signs for Ft. Wilderness.
The loooong drive into the park off of I-4.
Once you cross under this sign though you know you're super close!

We finally arrived at the actual entrance to Ft. Wilderness, and checked in without issues at the Reception Outpost. The receptionist gave me our resort IDs and a map and reminded me of the pet procedures. We were given our campsite number and we headed into the Fort to find our site!
On our way I texted the company we were renting our RV from and he said he was on his way. We got to the site and had enough time to walk the dogs after our long drive before the RV was delivered.
Within about 30 minutes everything was set up and it was just Mr. Paws, LG, SG, S and I left at the site. The sun was just setting and we started to get acclimated with the trailer.

Mr. Paws and the owner of the company we rented our RV from. During set up.

In the back of the RV under the window was our "dining booth" and kitchen.

The company even provided the out-door rug and chairs. They also set-up and connected everything for us.
We hadn’t gone grocery shopping before we left, somehow time had just slipped away so we were starving around 8PM with no food in the trailer.
MP remembered that he had been to the restaurant as a kid and had ordered pizza, and so we decided to head that way and see what kind of food they had to carry out.
It was a quick walk, a benefit of the “premier” campsite we were renting in order to have the pets with us, and when we got there realized there was an extensive menu to choose from.
We settled on a Cheese Pizza and nachos and wandered around the area while we waited for it to be prepared.
We discovered that there was an arcade, this was also where the dinner shows were and also where you can come for a carriage ride.
Our food was ready quickly and we headed back to the campsite. The fireworks show and Electric Water parade music piped in overhead and was great theme music on our dark walk back to the site.

When we got back we set up my Iphone to pump Mumford and Sons through the surround sound speakers and dug into our dinner.

Disney didn’t disappoint and it was delicious, and stuffed around midnight we set up the sheets on our queen size bed and snuggled in. The temperature outside was perfect to not need the heat inside our camper, so we fell asleep to the sweet sounds of the woods.

Next Up: Our first full day at the Fort, Horseback riding adventures and Disney Dog Park fun.

 photo llpsig_zps2678775d.jpg


1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, this looks like such a fun trip!! I am super jealous--I kept wanting to text you but when I picked up my phone it seemed to always be 7:30 AM when I was at work and I did not want to wake y'all up while you were on vacation!!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...