Saturday, March 2, 2013

A New Beginning


I guess you could say that piece of wisdom from Robin Williams is the reason this blog exists.

The caption for this on Pinterest was "The truth in this floors me," and for once I didn't feel the urge to change it.

I used to think that I could only be happy if I was in a relationship with someone; I haven't been single really since I was 18, and I'm almost 24. I haven't had to take care of just myself and my fur-children ever. I was always able to push my needs and wants to the back, convincing myself that the happiness of my then fiancee was the only thing I needed to be happy.

I have never liked being alone.

Don't get me wrong, everyone loves their "alone" time, but usually people have designations for that. I don't. The contact I have? My furchildren and the lovely blogging community I have come to love so much.

I'm not looking for a pity party at all, but I did just need to explain that not too long ago I was deep in a dark hole and was too exhausted to try to find a way out. There was recently a time where the only thing that got me out of bed each day was knowing my pets needed taken care of. Now though? I've climbed out and run so far from that pit that it's a distant memory. The unconditional love my animals give me is one of the happiest parts of my life, but certainly is not the only thing to bring me joy any longer. My Mom always told me as a child that I needed to learn to entertain myself, and I guess finally less than two months from 24 I'm finally learning that lesson.

I'm not perfect by any means, I still have my moments where I definitely feel lonely and desperately feel the need for human contact, but doesn't everyone? But that's where the joy in my job comes from, and I don't think I would enjoy my work from home telephone job if I didn't have such limited other contact with adults.


I know this is just the beginning of my journey to learning to love myself, and this is the place where I intend to document my adventures.

Someone told me once that you can't love someone else completely until you truly love your ownself. And this has become so glaringly obvious to me.

I will only write about what I want to write about... that may be all stories of what my pets did yesterday, or perhaps a review or an adventure or, more likely, misadventure with DIY or in the kitchen, this place will be the one spot where I can be me and share that with you all.

I'm hoping one day that this blog will tell a story, one that I will be proud to share with my future loves... A story where I always remember that life is short and that I should love like I might not be around to do so tomorrow, and to of course enjoy the furbaby pawprints left on my heart along the way.


 
 photo llpsig_zps2678775d.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...