Saturday, May 4, 2013

Day 4, Blog Every Day In May


Favorite quote (from a person, from a book, etc) and why you love it.


I was looking through my planner the other night and I saw this as one of the “inspirational quotes” that are included on a few of the pages, and I really feel like this is what I needed to see right now and need to make my personal mantra in the coming months.

I have to choose soon how many classes I think I can take in conjunction with work and also taking care of the fur-children.
I took two classes this past semester and it was seemingly a full load for me. Granted one of the classes was calculus and that is just a given it is going to be a time-intensive course when it comes to the practice it takes to master the problems, and I also was raising 6 fur-children and running a 1000 sq ft 2 bedroom house by myself. I was quite busy this semester, but never once did I feel overwhelmed or like I couldn't get something done in time. I made sure I started assignments early enough to not feel pressure when the deadline came, I made sure I balanced my work hours around my exam schedules...
What gave me the most success though this past semester? Never once letting any kind of self-doubt enter my brain. My days were kept positive and full, I made sure I accomplished things in a timely manner and went to bed when time allowed. I also made sure to enjoy my days off so that I could let my brain relax.
Obviously, I want to finish my degree as soon as I possibly can. I have technically been in college since August of 2007, with a year off during what would have been my junior year, but really, the moral of the story is that I have been in school for entirely too long. I sincerly don’t want to be 25 and just finishing my first 4-year degree. Not that there is anything wrong with that at all, it's just it could have been completely avoided in my case and sped up considerably. My best advice to not end up in my predicament? Don’t transfer. Or at least if you do only do it once and make sure where you're going will accept your credits and also make your change worthwhile.
I will have five different schools on my transcript by the time I finally graduate. I’m not necessarily proud of that fact, but I am glad to have finally found a place and a degree that I think will be incredibly beneficial to what I want to do with my future.
The college where I plan to finish just recently began to offer four year baccalaureate programs, and I am excited to be one of the first classes to graduate with the Bachelor’s of Science degree they offer i Business Administration. I'm happy that the BS degree will show my passion for math, as well as offer something a little different on my resume from everyone else I will be competing with for the same jobs.
Also the college is mostly a 2-year school, meaning that there are a lot of extra programs that are meant to help you achieve your goals in a timely, financially sufficient manner, and because I am a part of the school, I can take advantage of all of these programs as a four-year student.
I’m getting off topic here.. Back to the wisdom from the founder of Mary Kay Cosmetics...
I can do whatever I tell myself I can do. I went into this semester telling myself that this Calculus class would be a breeze, and that I would make it through. I worked hard but I did exactly that. I know that if I have the option to finish in a reasonable amount of time by taking more classes at once, as long as I tell myself I can, and continue to use my time wisely… I can and will make it happen.
This quote will certainly become a wonderful framed piece in my new apartment when I move, and I look forward to starting each day telling myself I can accomplish any goal I put forth for myself.
What about you? Any favorite quotes? Motivational or not? Head over to Story of My Life and link up with us for the Blog Everyday in May event and share!




 photo llpsig_zps2678775d.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...